Throw a Mardi Gras Party!
Updated: Mar 2
Celebrate this food loving holiday from the comforts of your own home! Bring out the colors of New Orleans with Green (faith), Gold (power) and Purple (justice). Cook up some tasty Jambalaya ( I have a great recipe on my blog) & finish off with a tasty King Cake from The Singing Baker ! A fun tradition that has been upheld since the early 1700's, Carnival season continues from Three King's Day until Fat Tuesday each year. Here are some tips to get your party planning going:
1) Decorate to your heart's content with Green, Gold and Purple, including beads of course, confetti and masquerade masks for your guests to wear.
2) Follow up the rooms with balloons in the same trio of New Orleans colors to make the atmosphere really pop!
3) Music: Bring the Big Easy back and play some great New Orleans brass or swing!
4) You can set up fun masquerade masks making sessions having your guests create their own masks with sequins, glitter and feathers. Another twist is to have your guests come dressed as their perfect Jester and set up a contest for the Best Dressed!
5) Create a fun Mardi Gras trivia game to play with guests and prizes for the winners.
Let the Good Times Roll...or as they say in New Orleans "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roule"