The Singing Baker
Host a Fun St. Patrick's Day Party!
If you're Irish, or just wish you were, there's a lot of fun in throwing your own St. Patrick's Day party! Here's some fun tips to plan your fun time with friends and family.
1) Plan your party for either St. Patrick's Day itself or for the weekend before if it falls on the weekday. This will give you time to enjoy with friends without the next day being a work day. Send your invitations out giving your guests around 2 weeks notice.
2) Ask your guests to wear plenty of green of course!
3) Make some fun Irish food like Shepherds pie, corned beef & cabbage, fish & chips, and potato dishes.
4) Fave fun decorating with plenty of green: shamrocks, leprechauns, pots of gold, green streamers & balloons.
5) Don't forget your fun Irish cocktails: Irish coffee, Irish Whiskey, Guinness beer, or maybe try my Shamrock Martini (see link posted on the Singing Baker blog)
6) As the party gets going, have fun with Karaoke and don't forget to throw in some Irish classics like "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling", "Danny Boy", or "It's A Long Way to Tipperary". Alternatively, play Celtic Irish music or Irish pop like U2 or Enya while you mingle.
7) Another fun idea is to play a "Name The Irish Tune" game or Irish Fun fact game.
8) A fun party idea take away: Send your guests home with "Lucky Lottery Tickets" !