The Singing Baker
Caprese Potato Skewers
Updated: Aug 17, 2020
1 lb Baby Potatoes
1 lb Fresh Mozzarella
15 oz. Cherry Tomatoes
1 pkg Fresh Basil Leaves
1 Clove Fresh garlic, finely chopped
1/4 Extra Virgin Olive-Oil
4 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1) Clean potatoes. Toss potatoes in bowl with half of the olive oil, garlic and some salt & pepper, to taste. Bake at 450 Deg F for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender.
2) When potatoes are done, set them aside to cool.
3) Cut fresh mozzarella into bite size chunks. Tear stems off basil. Clean tomatoes.
4) Toss mozzarella and tomatoes with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
5) Take 6 " skewers and begin threading them with roasted potatoes, mozzarella, fresh basil and tomatoes. Arrange on a platter. Finish off with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and more salt & pepper if desired.